Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friday, September 3, 2010, Day 246


I saw this dress in a Krizia* store window in New York last year, tried it on and knew I would wear it to our Holiday Party last December. It was my last outfit of the evening and is very “nightie-night.” I’m not sure I would wear it out of the house, but I felt beautiful and glamorous floating from room to room and letting our guests know, that while they could keep partying, I would be retiring upstairs soon.


You can see from this photo how gifted Mark Cutler is. Not only did he re-imagine our old bedside tables by staining them a darker brown and adding fabric panels that match the other upholstery in the room, but he also designed the beautiful padded screen behind the bed in a dusty blue suede. He really knows how to finish a room and make it cozy and chic without being too stuffy.


Today I had a wonderful lunch with my friend Ariana who owns the most beautiful flower shop called Lily Lodge. She took me to the Soho House and it was lovely to see the view from so high up. Later on Gary and I enjoyed our dinner al fresco while the kids were next door playing with friends. Despite being over one hundred degrees again today, the evening was soft and mild.


*It was one of those odd times when, while I loved this dress, I wouldn’t have bought absolutely anything else in the whole store. Just overall not my style. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment