Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wednesday, September 8, 2010, Day 251


The weather has completely changed since the triple digits of last week. It has dropped forty degrees in the Valley and never rose above sixty-five today. I volunteered at the kids’ school and then we went to the Hammer Museum for a beer. Let me explain. Tom Marioni first established his on-going performance piece, Drinking Beer with Friends is the Highest Form of Art, in 1970. He has been invited to the Hammer every Wednesday in September to carry on. Every week there is a different bartender (who basically uncaps the bottles and hands them out). Tonight’s bartender was Chris Burden, another veteran performance artist who very famously had himself shot by a real gun with a real bullet in the name of art. That is a bit crazy, I know. More recently Mr. Burden made a series of scale model bridges out of erector set-like steel. I wish we would have bought one, but they were a bit expensive and we couldn’t decide on which one we liked best.

I am wearing a Nina Ricci dress I first wore to Hunter’s Bar Mitzvah almost two years ago. The coat is by Chanel and I bought it in Waikiki along with the pair of shoes from August 21.

After the beer, we had dinner with Brenda Potter and Marc Selwyn at the Soho House. It's wonderful to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment